|Bigfoot, Furball, Bozo, Beastie|
|September 10, 1963|
|Sadie McCoy (paternal grandmother);|
Norton McCoy (father);
|X-Men (founding member)|
|Adventurer. biochemist, science and math instructor, mutant activist|
Base of Operations:
|X-Mansion, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York|
|Education:||Six PhDs (one in biophysics), undergraduate degree from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters|
|402 lbs (182.34 kg)|
|Blue skin and covered with blue fur, pointed ears, fang-like teeth, claws|
|Place of Birth:||Dunfee, Illinois|
Nicholas Hoult (young)
When the intelligently gifted Hank McCoy's mutation activated at puberty, Hank was forever transformed into a blue skin and blue furred, strong beast with fangs and claws, calling himself Beast Hank found by Charles Xavier in a forest, and was taken in and joined the X-Men and has since then, has been fighting for the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans most of his life.
While mostly on the side of good, during much of his youth, Hank was ashamed of his mutant heritage. Eventually, with the help of Charles Xavier, he learned to accept his mutant nature and became a very important figure in the mutant world. Hank changed throughout the years, going from a shy, timid and afraid teen, letting others walk all over him, to a confident and brave man wanting to help the world.
Over many decades, Hank has protected both human and mutant-kind, both on the battlefield and in the courtroom. He helped Charles build his school for Mutants, serving as a teacher and mentor for many years.
Hank is brave and selfless, willing to sacrifice his own life for the protection of his friends and family. Usually, Hank carried himself with a very polite demeanor unless aggravated. His greatest attribute is his near-superhuman intelligence, which has gotten himself and the X-Men out of many bad scenarios.
Powers and Abilities
- Mutant Physiology: As a mutant Hank possesses the following powers.
- Superhuman Strength: Originally in his teen years, Beast was able to lift about 10 tons, which is sufficient for him to smash through a brick wall with a single punch, toss a smaller car, and to tie an iron barbell into a knot, he has lifted part of a full-grown oak tree made of solid gold, with effort. His strength also extends to the muscles in his legs, allowing him to leap a height of 32 feet high and 50 feet in a standing broad jump.
- Superhuman Speed: Beast can run and move at speeds that are slightly beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete, despite his abnormal size. He can run at speeds up to 40 mph for short distances, particularly if he runs on all fours. It also allows Beast to attack opponents before they can react and pull their trigger fingers and keep up with opponents who can move at low-level superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Stamina: Beast's highly advanced musculature produces fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before the buildup of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Beast's bodily tissues are harder and more resistant to certain types of injuries than the bodies of normal humans. His physiology can withstand great impact forces, though he can be injured by many types of conventional weapons such as standard firearms and bladed weapons. However, he can withstand physical impacts, such as falling from several stories by landing on his feet without suffering any broken bones or sprains. Also, he is able to be physically struck by many superhumanly strong beings like Colossus and The Hulk that would either severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort.
- Superhuman Agility: Beast's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. While in his simian form, he has the agility of a great ape combined with the acrobatic prowess of an Olympic level gymnast. He can walk a tightrope or a slack rope as easily as most people can walk on a sidewalk. He can also walk on his hands for many hours, or perform a complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or surpass any Olympic record in gymnastics.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Beast's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are on levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. His training with the X-Men, as well as his experience battling enemies, has granted him the reaction time to evade gunfire. He can react at low-level superhuman speeds, even catching smaller missile mid-air with his feet. His reflexes are a partial reason why the Beast is able to be so agile and fast.
- Superhuman Dexterity: He can perform many tasks with his feet as easily as a human could do with his hands. His manual and pedal dexterity are so great that he can write using both hands at once or tie knots in rope with his toes.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Beast's metabolism enables him to repair mild to moderate injuries much faster than a normal human. For instance, he can recover from minor ailments, such as a severe cold or fever within a few hours. More severe injuries, like broken bones, used to heal within a few days, whereas normal humans might take many weeks or even months. However, his healing abilities have increased to the point where he recovers from mild to moderate injuries within the span of a few hours. However, he cannot regenerate destroyed organs or severed limbs.
- Contaminant Resistance: Hank possesses a highly advanced immune system, which is a partial reason why he is able to recover from mild ailments, among other forms of sickness, within a few hours. Hank also possesses a high immunity to foreign chemicals, such as tranquilizers and certain types of poisons used by Kraven the Hunter in their encounter during his early years with the X-Men.
- Temperature Resistance: Due to a combination of his own healing abilities and his fine coat of blue fur, Beast is resistant to freezing temperatures.
- Telepathic Resistance: Hank possesses moderate resistance to telepathic manipulation.
- Slowed Aging: Beast also possesses a slight degree of slowed aging due to his own healing abilities. Despite being 40 years of age since the time of Cassandra Nova's attack, he still retains the physical appearance and vitality of a man in his prime.
- Superhuman Senses: Hank possesses enhanced, acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals, enabling him to see and hear distant objects more clearly than a normal human, and identify and track someone purely by scent over open terrain and his hands and feet are sensitive enough to detect electronic signals (from bombs, listening devices, etc.) through solid walls and floors. He also possesses cat-like night-vision that also allows him to see even in near-total darkness and when asked by Nick Fury, he was able to identify that it was the real Colossus when he came back to life all by scent.
- Fangs: Hank has large canine teeth, akin to a big cat's, which are much larger than a normal human's canine teeth.
- Razer Sharp Claws: Hank has 10 3-inch talons in place of fingernails. These claws are naturally sharper and tougher than that of normal human bone structure, allowing Beast to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials. His ability to slice completely through a substance depends on the thickness of the substance and the amount of force he can exert.
- Wall Climbing: He has used his claws and strength to climb buildings made of concrete and metal.
- Genius Intelligence: Dr. Hank McCoy is one of the eight smartest people in the world. He has six PhDs, including one in biophysics. A world-renowned biochemist, Henry McCoy's greatest asset is his keen scientific mind. As the X-Men's resident technological and medical genius, he possesses extraordinary expertise in genetics, biochemistry, and electronics, He is also quite the gifted computer scientist, hacking Bruce Banner's computerand designing a computer system that locked down as soon as Kitty Pride tried to access it. He has extensive knowledge of a variety of other scientific fields. He has an eidetic memory and it shows in his ability to recall complex mathematical or chemical formula with little to no research. He can additionally remember and quote historical text, literature, or even comic strip quotes from memory. Hank is also an accomplished keyboard musician.
- Excellent Hand to Hand Combatant: During his stay in the X-Mansion, Beast has proven himself to be an excellent hand-to-hand combatant. His fighting skills combined with his superhuman physical attributes, makes Beast a formidable opponent. He has bested several combatants such as Azazel, Magneto, and several members of the brotherhood. He utilizes his speed, agility, and strength while fighting. He was able to hold his own in a duel with Psylocke who is one of the greatest mutant combatants in the world.
- Multilingual: He is fluent in several languages including English, German, French, Latin, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, and Russian as well as Latverian.
- Indomitable Will: Hank's dedication to science and co-existence between humans and mutants is unwavering. He never gave up on finding a cure for the Legacy Virus in which he eventually did find a cure. He has great compassion for both humans and mutants alike, and his unflagging courage allows him to protect both of them at any cost, even with his own life.
- Vulnerable Senses: Due to his animal-like mutation, the only other "weakness" that Beast has is the fact that his heightened senses can be taken advantage of.
- Allergy: Beast claims to be allergic to sawdust.
The Beast possesses a fully-equipped laboratory in Xavier's mansion. Presumably, it holds the latest in biological and material analysis devices. It may also contain Shi'ar technology. At one point, Beast had possession of the Mind Gem.
- Beast has a weakness for Twinkies.